The weather is bad, is the restoration event still happening?
Mostly yes. There are only three circumstances when a restoration event will be cancelled either in advance or during the event. They are:
- Sustained wind speeds above 25 miles per hour (mph)
- Lightning and/or thunder storms in the area
- Severe weather temperatures
What is your age policy?
While all ages are welcome, there are a few restrictions. They are:
- All volunteers who are 17 years of age or younger must have a parent or legal guardian sign their liability waivers.
- Volunteers who are 14 years of age or older are allowed to volunteer without parental supervision.
- Volunteers who are 13 years of age or younger must have parental supervision during the event.
Where can I find directions to the restoration sites?
You can find directions on our website HERE.
Where can I download the volunteer liability forms?
You can find download links to both the Friends of North Creek Forest and City of Bothell liability waivers HERE.
Will I be able to get my required volunteer hours verified at restoration events?
Yes. Friends of North Creek Forest (FNCF) representatives can sign required volunteer hours paperwork for school groups or court ordered community service. Please note that signing will take place at the event's end.
Do you accept large group volunteering?
Yes. Please email our Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com to discuss scheduling options.